Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Aloha Friday...

A Prose Poem On Hawaii

No alien land in all the world has any deep, strong charm for me but that one; no other land could so longingly and beseechingly haunt me sleeping and waking, through half a lifetime, as that one has done.

Other things leave me, but it abides; other things change but it remains the same. For me its balmy airs are always blowing, its summer seas flashing in the sun; the pulsing of its leaping cascades, its plumy palms drowsing by the shore; its remote summits floating like islands above the cloudrack; I can feel the spirit of its woodland solitude; I can hear the path of its brooks.

In my nostrils still lives the breath of a flower that perished twenty years ago.

~ Mark Twain ~


Here's a beautiful Aloha Friday Video for you to enjoy...




Video by Izumisan on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails