Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pau Riders in Verticle

Photo Hunt Challenge - Verticle


The Pau Rider's come to the Merrie Monarch Festival to march in one of the most spectacular parades in Hawaii today.



They come festooned with beautiful and huge cascading leis for their horses and for each rider's, elaborate head and neck ornamentation.



The colors of the gowns and native flowers reference the local origins of their particular islands.


To visit other interpretations of the photohunt challenge - Verticle visit http://tnchick.com/

13 comments:

  1. Love seeing your culture intertwined into the theme! So colorful and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos Noel, love all the colors, and your interpretation of vertical for this weeks theme!! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I love the diverse leis and flowers that they use for decoration. Makes me want to go to the islands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ladies and beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The festival is so beautiful. You took some wonderful photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love a parade... this was very interesting and the photos were great for the theme... thanks for coming by to see my vertical today...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely festival. I like your “angle” on the vertical theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your take on the theme. So colourful. It looks like a great festival

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are very beautiful! I can never see enough of Hawaii. Just the word makes my heart warm...I will be back! (to your blog and to beautiful Hawaii, that's what I whisper every time I leave)

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO beautiful! Lovely, lovely Hawaii! Nice vertical captures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are incredible photos Noel, and those ladies look very regal on their beautiful horses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very beautiful and vibrant photos you have here. these can be your PH entries. they are COVERED in leis and lesi and beautiful costumes too!

    thanks for the visit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails